Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Antique Iron Child Bed: Before and After

Hello! First off I would like to apologize for the blog being so quiet! I finally bounced back from the long Labor Day weekend and just being plain old busy. Last week my husband and I went to some yard sales, flea markets, and antique fairs! I bought so much stuff! One of my favorite finds was this antique iron child bed. I think it's from France after searching for similar ones on the Internet. I got it for only $3 dollars.. Score!

I think the bed would look so pretty in a little girls room.


I love the original green paint showing through..


I used milk paint with the bonding agent to get the flat soft finish. I used rough sand paper to rough up the previous finish to get a good bond. I wasn't sure how it was going to work out because I have never used milk paint on metal before. The crackle that happened all over is so pretty...




Here is the before..

I didn't really like the glossy, drippy, and ugly brown paint that covered the beautiful original green paint. Why would someone cover that up?! So I thought a light creamy finish would look so pretty. I'm so happy the milk paint took to the metal after roughing it up a bit.



Have a great Tuesday.

...

sharing at:

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it really came out beautiful! What a lovely transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and vintage-ey! Great job!!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - what a great piece of furniture -
    Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that was quite a score!! Turned out great! I just found you and am your newest follower :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete