Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Flea Market Treasures...

Every Monday my mom and I go to a local flea market. I usually come home with a few things, but I found some really neat things this week! I also bought two potted geraniums, and a fern I want to plant in a old ironstone dish.



Some of my finds... vintage books, vintage silhouette pictures, folding wooden chair...

I fell in LOVE with this box of vintage cashmere and silk baby socks! The bottom even says "Ralph's baby socks" I'm not sure what to do with them but it was too cute to pass up.

I found this lovely book... It was a diary written over the span of a year about animals, plants, and other things the woman found in nature around her home.

She painted all the pictures in water color..



I love this one...



I also found this leather, aluminum, and brass flower frog (I think). I love the color, patina, and the fact I've never seen one like this before.

So pretty.

What are some of your favorite finds/treasures? I'd love to hear about them!

2 comments:

  1. great finds! I especially love the diary. What beautiful watercolours she did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That diary/journal is amazing..what a keeper. Love the watercolors AND the penmanship.

    Wouldn't it be intriguing to do some research on this woman and find out more about her life...then make a docmentary about her.... This is how my head works!!

    Small House / Big Sky Donna
    http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete